Monday, February 1, 2010

Pictures From Hong Kong Pt 1

I took around 500 pictures while I was in Hong Kong over the summer, but I never really got around to sorting/processing those photos until this weekend. Obviously 500 is too great a sum for any sane person to want to look through here, so instead here are around 35 (give or take a few) shots that Ana Kim helped me pick out.

Almost everything was shot with my Nikon D60; a few shots were taken with my dad's Sony DSC T-100.

Since there's so many pictures in this post, I've split it up into three parts. This is part 1, and here's part 2 and part 3.

Victoria Harbour from about the 30th floor of International Finance Centre Two. My dad's old college buddy is a director at Nomura's Hong Kong branch (they used to be Lehman Brothers, but Nomura bought them out around the time Lehman collapsed), this shot is from his office. The green hue of the photo is from the green tint of their windows.


The same shot as the one above, only with the green tint removed. Ana prefers the ones with the green tint though.

International Finance Centre Two from my dad's friend's office.


Another shot of Victoria Harbour from International Finance Centre Two.

Hong Kong's Central Business District, as seen from the edge of Victoria Harbour.

I couldn't decide between black/white and color, so both are here. A lot of these shots appear here in color and black/white because I'm bad at making up my mind.


All of the buildings in Hong Kong's Central Business District are connected by these elevated covered walkways. Ana liked the orange/yellows and blues here, so this shot stays in color. :)


One of the elevated walkways leading from International Finance Centre.

Go on to part 2 and part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment