Monday, February 1, 2010

Pictures From Hong Kong Pt 2

I took around 500 pictures while I was in Hong Kong over the summer, but I never really got around to sorting/processing those photos until this weekend. Obviously 500 is too great a sum for any sane person to want to look through here, so instead here are around 35 (give or take a few) shots that Ana Kim helped me pick out.

Almost everything was shot with my Nikon D60; a few shots were taken with my dad's Sony DSC T-100.

Since there's so many pictures in this post, I've split it up into three parts. This is part 2, and here's part 1 and part 3.

Hong Kong has a LOT of really high end stores. I found this one street corner where there was a giant Louis Vuitton store...

...and not far from the Louis Vuitton store was a big Prada Store.


The previous shot of the Prada Shot has all colors desaturated except for yellow. This shot has all of the colors untouched.


I love experimenting with panoramas and stitching together separate shots into large shots. I thought I'd give stitching a shot in front of the HSBC and Bank of China towers.

I love the tubes and frame and stuff on the HSBC tower. Very very fun to look at. :)

One of the covered walkways had to have a suspension system because it's main span was so long. I think my exact reaction was something like "AWESOME!"


A lot of people use these walkways.


Even Ana couldn't decide between color and black/white for that shot, so both versions are here.


I found this in some random record store! ^^ I really regret not buying it. HAHA.


I wasn't expecting to find such grand boulevards in such a cramped city.


Another panorama that I stitched together. I think this was taken from in front of Hong Kong's main Convention Center (which juts out into Victoria Harbour). On the left is Hong Kong's Central Business District, on the left is Kowloon Island, which is starting to get more and more skyscrapers. The crazy clouds are what an incoming typhoon looks like.


Again, I couldn't pick between color and black/white, so here's both!


This is cropped from a larger panorama. Ana pointed out that the shot looks better cropped this way. :) The guy on the edge of the water with the umbrella is my dad.

Go on to part 1 and part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment